With the proliferation of art education programmes by cultural organisations in Hong Kong, AAA Learning & Participation hosts a roundtable discussion among practitioners in the field on how to support and supplement the mainstream arts curriculum.
What is the role of contemporary art in education? What can cultural organisations offer, particularly in terms of resources for teaching, learning, and professional development? Amidst rapid technological developments, how can education practitioners realise the potential of digital learning tools and resources, and collectively develop a diverse and effective environment for creative art education?
The goal of this discussion is to connect art education practitioners, ideas, and resources around a dialogue about our different approaches to art education, and to cultivate a supportive network for knowledge sharing, collaboration, and co-creation in order to maximise impact.
- Amy Chan, Founding Member, We-search
- Chan Ka Yin, Project Officer, Hong Kong Society for Education in Art
- Joey Chung, Learning & Participation Coordinator, Asia Art Archive
- Susanna Chung, Head of Learning & Participation and Programmes Manager, Asia Art Archive
- Anthea Fan, Executive Director, Art Map Limited
- Stella Fong, Lead Curator of Learning and Interpretation, M+
- Kwong Kai Tak, President, Hong Kong Society for Education in Art
- Eugenia Law, Programme Manager, 1a Space
- Melissa Lee, Curator of Education and Public Programmes, Tai Kwun
- Maria Mok, Curator (Modern Art), Hong Kong Museum of Art
- Alice Wong, Executive Director,
- Joyce Wong, Administration Manager, 1a Space
- Ricky Yeung, Asia Art Archive 2015 Educator-in-Residence
- Daisy Yip, Media Planner, Art Map Limited
- Yip Tin Pui, Programme Manager, The Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation
The roundtable is a closed-door session by invitation only. Interested art education organisations or practitioners please contact Joey Chung via firstname.lastname@example.org by Fri, 24 Mar 2017.
Learning & Participation Programme Sponsor: