AAA currently seeks an Archive Assistant for a one year fixed-term contract to assist with the digitisation, arrangement, and description of Ha Bik Chuen’s archive.
The position is full-time and Hong Kong-based.
Ha was an artist primarily known as a sculptor and printmaker, whose archive provides building blocks from which more complex histories of Hong Kong’s art ecology can be constructed.
AAA began a project to map, assess, and selectively digitise Ha’s archive by invitation of the Ha family in 2013. Made available to a wider audience for the first time, the archive consists of a continuously growing selection of Ha’s collage books, exhibition documentation, and exhibition catalogues. With support from The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, AAA will extend its work on the Ha Bik Chuen Archive from 2016–2019. As part of the three-year project, AAA will continue to process and share Ha’s materials digitally with a wider public.
- Manage and process the Ha Bik Chuen collection, including listing, describing, and digitising selected materials
- Handle archival materials, conduct collection assessments, and manage the collection repository
- Oversee and maintain day-to-day operation of the project space with support from the AAA team
- A degree in art or art history
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn on the job, adapt, and improvise
- Ability to independently manage and execute multiple tasks following a project timeline
- Interest in collection management, remedial collection care and assessment, and digitisation
- Technical knowledge of photography is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and cross-organisational communication skills
- Strong English and Chinese word processing skills are essential
To apply, please send a cover letter and full CV indicating salary expectations to Sally Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.