Art is knowledge. Asia Art Archive is a catalyst for new ideas that enrich our understanding of the world through the collection, creation, and sharing of knowledge around recent art in Asia.
The Out of Context Research Project is funded by the Arts Development Council for research on Out of Context (1987), a significant exhibition from 1980s Hong Kong. Five bilingual interviews on the exhibition and its cultural milieu will be conducted, supplemented with a selection of archival materials. This short-term, part-time role is to support the research of interviews, and the archiving and contextualising of materials generated by this project.
This role is for a period of five months.
- Compiling exhibition timelines and bibliographies of five interviewees
- Digitising archival materials shared by five interviewees where necessary
- Handling physical archival materials and their digital proxies
- Uploading, arranging, and describing the project’s interviews and digitised materials into AAA’s collection management system
- Creating bilingual synopses (Chinese and English) of five interviews
- Overseeing the bilingual translation (Chinese and English) of five interviews
- Degree in art history or arts-related subject
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn on the job, adapt, and improvise
- Ability to independently manage and execute multiple tasks following a project timeline
- Interest in exhibition history and oral history
- Ability to read, write, and translate Chinese to English and vice versa
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and cross-organisational communication skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and full CV indicating salary expectations to Sally Lee (email@example.com).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.